MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)

MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love) - Search for Millions of song lyrics HERE

Lihat Juga

  • MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)
  • MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love). Hello all of Regomodoslinux.blogspot.com beloved visitors. Now I will share :"MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)." we hope that you like this song lyric.

    MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)


    This song is from the album Welcome To the Age of My Body(2013), released on Dec 17, 2013.
    What a powerful song! I loved the way that she empowers women everywhere to not feel ashamed of their bodies and to embrace their beautiful bodies as it is. Even though I am a guy, this song left me in tears. It might have been because of the power and emotion in her voice. The background music felt powerful and made the whole song stand out from the rest of the crowd. Thanks to Travis for this amazing song.


    Scale: A Minor
    Time Signature: 4/4
    Tempo: 70

    [INTRO] F Am G
    [VERSE]
    C
    I Know girls who are trying to fit into the social norm
    C
    Like squeezing into last year's prom dress
    C
    I know girls who are low rise, mac eye shadow, and binge drinking
    C F
    I know girls that wonder if they're disaster and sexy enough to fit in
    Am
    I know girls who are fleeing bombs from the mosques of their skin

    Playing Russian roulette with death;
    G
    It's never easy to accept that our bodies are fallible and flawed
    F
    But when do we draw the line?
    F
    When the knife hits the skin?
    Am
    Isn't it the same thing as purging
    Am
    Because we're so obsessed with death
    F
    Some women just have more guts than others


    G
    The funny thing is women like us don't shoot
    G Am
    We swallow pills, still wanting to be beautiful at the morgue
    Am
    Still proceeding to put on make-up
    G
    Still hoping that the mortician finds us fuckable and attractive
    G F
    We might as well be buried with our shoes and handbags and scarves, girls
    Am
    We flirt with death every time we etch a new tally mark into our skin
    Am
    I know how to split my wrists to reveal a battlefield too
    Am
    But the time has come for us to reclaim our bodies

    F
    Our bodies deserve more than to be war-torn and collateral
    Am
    Offering this fuckdom as a pathetic means to say,
    F
    "I only know how to exist when I am wanted."


    G
    Girls like us are hardly ever wanted, you know
    G
    We're used up and we're sad and drunk and
    Am
    Perpetually waiting by the phone for someone to pick up
    G
    And tell us that we did good
    G
    Well, you did good.

    [CHORUS x2]
    F
    I know I am because I said, "I am."
    Am
    I know I am because I said, "I am."
    F G
    I know I am because I said, "I am."
    F
    My body is home
    G
    My body is home

    [VERSE]
    Am
    Try this
    Am
    Take your hands over your bumpy love body naked
    Am
    And remember the first time you touched someone
    Am
    With the sole purpose of learning all of them
    Am
    Touched them because the light was pretty on them
    Am
    And the dust in the sunlight danced the way your heart did
    F
    Touch yourself with a purpose
    Am
    Your body is the most beautiful royal
    Am F
    Fathers and uncles are not claiming your knife anymore
    G
    Are not your razor, no
    G
    Put the sharpness back
    F
    Lay your hands flat and feel the surface of scarred skin
    G
    I once touched a tree with charred limbs
    F
    The stump was still breathing
    F
    But the tops were just ashy remains
    F Am
    I wonder what it's like to come back from that because
    Am G
    Because sometimes I feel forest fires erupting from my wrists
    G F
    And the smoke signals sent out are the most beautiful things I've ever seen


    Am
    Love your body the way your mother loved your baby feet
    Am
    And brother arm wrapping shoulders, and remember
    Am
    This is important


    F
    You are worth more than who you fuck
    F
    You are worth more than a waistline
    Am
    You are worth more than beer bottles displayed like drunken artifacts.
    G
    You are worth more than any naked body could proclaim in the shadows,
    G F
    More than a man's whim or your father's mistake
    F Am
    You are no less valuable as a size 16 than a size 4
    G
    You are no less valuable as a 32a than a 36c
    G F
    Your sexiness is defined by concentric circles within your wood
    F
    It is wisdom
    Am
    You are a goddamn tree stump with leaves sprouting out
    Am
    Reborn

    <!--
    Found any corrections in the chords or lyrics? What do you think about this song? Please leave a comment below.

    You are reading: MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)


    Thank you for your visit to this songs lyric.

    That was MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love)

    That was MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love) hopefully useful and you like it. Don't forget to visit other lyrics on this website.

    Your are reading MARY LAMBERT - I Know Girls (Body Love), url address : https://regomodoslinux.blogspot.com/2018/11/mary-lambert-i-know-girls-body-love.html